Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Ciao,
Sorry guys, I have been really busy for the past 2 days and I haven't had the chance to do my blog. =]
On Sunday ( which was Easter!!!!! ) Pier invited us to have lunch with his family.  When I said lunch  the word " lunch " was used abit loosely, we actually had about 6 main courses.  Ugggggggggg! I totally feel fat right about now because I haven't exercised since Friday and after that HUGE MEAL I guess I put on about ten pounds.  In Italy, EASTER is a big holiday and is celebrated by spending time with your family. Pier's family is pretty cool. His mom was really nice and funny. Moni,  his sister, is a great cookand was really nice too. Fabio is Moni's husband and he has a really neat job. His family has had a business of moving all the really big statues around Rome. Fabio had pictures of himself and his dad moving big iron doors into and installing them at the Vatican, actually into St. Peter's Basillica. He said that it takes about 3 months just to plan to move something! I thought it would be a bit awkward having lunch with Pier's family because none of us could speak Italian but it was really fun. Pier's mom spoke english very well and what little needed translating, Pier did.  Anyway after about 3 1/2 hours of surviving through the 6 courses we decided to walk it  ( it meaning the fat ) off abit afterwards. It took me a couple attempts but I finally got out of my chair. =]
We walked around a reserve near Pier's family's home. Pier said that when his mom's home was built there was nothing around but sheep. Her home was at teh edge of Rome. When you see the pictures you will be able to see how much rome has grown in 40 years. I hope you enjoy the pics of my "suffering"
Anyway to keep my blog fun, I have decided to do Monday's blog tomorrow morning ( tomorrow is my "off " day  =  no sight seeing so I will do Mondays blog instead. =] )
Ciao
First course: Bread, cheese, salami, eggs

Second course: Lasagna with little meatballs

Third course: Turkey (that is Pier's mom and Fabio) plus..


Baked artichokes

Fifth course: tart berry pie, Corn pie. There was a fourth course of sweet bread
but I forgot to take a picture.

I survived! Actually by this time I was getting hungry again.

St. Peter's and an ever growing Rome. Pretty much all you see in front the dome
is where sheep and goats used to roam free and feed 40 years ago.

Climbing and walking off Easter lunch

1 comment:

  1. We hope you are having a great time! :D We wish we were there! <3 Josie+Lily

    ReplyDelete